Post Treatment Instructions
Your post-treatment instructions are designed to keep your skin out of the sun, moisturized and begin the healing process. For the first 7 days your skin may look worse before it looks better. It is absolutely mandatory NOT go in the sun. The following 2-4 weeks after will be a work-in-progress for your skin's healing, and resuming its natural balance.
1. Avoid direct sun exposure for 7-10 days following the treatment. The most common feeling reported are puffiness, soreness, redness, tingling or pins and needles sensation. If these sensations occur, it is perfectly normal and they will go away in a few hours.
2. Apply your sunscreen every 2 hours to prevent post procedure side effects, when exposed to sun. After a foto-facial or chemical peel, sunscreen should be worn for the first 7 days even if indoors.
3. Apply your moisturizers or serums 2 times a day or as often as needed, everyday for at least 7-10 days after treatment.
You may take an extra strength Tylenol if need to. You may also apply Aloe Vera Gel or Arnica if you wish. It is safe to apply makeup the next day.
4. After your Ultra Lift 3D HIFU - Please DO NOT TAKE any NSAIDS like Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Naproxyn, etc. They will stop inflammation and will bring in a suboptimal results. Do NOT apply ice, steroid cream, any topical prescription. Please avoid participating in cold water activities or attending a Cryotherapy session. Pretty much anything that feels cold or cools down the body should be avoided.
5. Do NOT use Retinol Crème, retinoids, or alpha or beta hydroxy acids. Do NOT use benzoyl peroxide, or similar vitamin-A compounds. No charcoal, sugar, or salt scrubs or anything irritating for at least 7 days or until the skin is healed.
6. Avoid procedures like facials, hair removal, microdermabrasion, threading, dermaplanning/shaving and laser treatment in the treated area until the skin is completely healed. After skin is healed, return to your daily skin car regimen.
7. Avoid excessive sweating or exercise for 24 hours post treatment. (No hot showers, hot tubs, or saunas).
Avoid picking, pulling, rubbing, scratching, or peeling the skin until the skin is healed. Picking at the skin can lead to scarring.
8. Avoid washing your face for at least 5 hours after or wait until the next morning. Only use cold water. Do NOT use hot or even warm water.
9. The next day lightly cleanse the treated area with a gentle or mild cleanser with tepid warm water, using fingertips with water in a gentle motion.
10. Do NOT use any whirling brushes, washcloths or scrubs as it may irritate the area. Do this for at least 7-10 days.
You may resume your normal skin care routine 5 - days post treatment.
o Step 1: The morning after, wash your face with a gentle cleanser briefly,
rinse and pat dry. Include sunblock protection even if staying indoors.
o Step 2: Apply moisturizers, serums or natural oils, petroleum jelly or aquafor for
dryness. Try to avoid lotions as they can contain a multitude of ingredients.
o Step 3: If using make-up we recommend mineral based make-up at least 24
hours later to avoid blemishes, breakouts or bacterial infection.
What To Expect:
In the first week your skin will look worse before it looks better. The skin can feel dry or flake as a normal result of this procedure.
After treatment, the area may feel like a mild sunburn and can be covered up with makeup the day after treatment, if desired. Slight redness can remain up to 3 days and longer in rare cases.
Do NOT apply creams, lotions, perfume or makeup etc. on the treated for 24 hours, they made contain unintended ingriedentts that may complicate your healing process. Moisturize using serums like hyaluronic serum, natural oils, petroleum jelly, aquaphor.
You may experience a rough texture to the skin for a few days; this is a normal response after the treatment. Use Aquaphor, Vaseline or petroleum jelly to massively hydrate skin.
Apply sunscreen the day after treatment and re-apply every 2 hours for incidental sun exposure such as driving. Even if staying or working indoors, apply sunblock and avoid direct sunlight.
Do NOT pick, rub or scratch any scabs or dry skin that may appear. This may cause unwanted side effects such as darkening of skin and/or scarring.
Do not shave the treated area until the skin is completely healed, possibly 3 - 7 days.
In rare cases, you may experience bruising, depending if using blood thinning medications. It is rare keep cool and out of sun.
Its very rare but excessive scabbing, stripping or irritation should be reported to the us right away.
Wait 24 hours before applying any deodorant.
Drink lots of water to hydrate and flush out your system.
• Avoid tanning or prolonged sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment.
• Avoid Botox at least 2 weeks prior and 1 week after treatment.
• Discontinue Accutane 4-6 months prior to treatment.
Avoid dermal fillers at least 2 weeks before & after treatment.
Do NOT use: Retin-A, retinoids, retinal, vitamin A serums, harsh scrubs, exfoliating products or bleaching creams 7 days prior or 14 days after your treatment.
If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your provider prior to treatment.
Men please shave the day of, or before your treatment. Certain laser treatments may reduce hair density in beards and heat can generate with hair stuble.
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR COSMETIC TREATMENTS
If you think you could benefit from our treatments, you may first want to make sure that you are a candidate for such procedures. Here are some of the recommendations we consider for an ideal candidate for our services.
Healthy and happy
Those who eat right and incorporate some physical activity are usually prone to be in good shape both mentally and physically. Healthy patients find it easier to heal and recover quickly and easily after a cosmetic procedures.
All smokers are at an increased risk for heart and lung problems, and those risks only increase with age. Smoking decreases the amount of oxygen that reaches the cells, a slower recovery increasing the potential of infection. Nicotine interferes with healing.
Even if you don’t drink that often, it’s best to not consume any alcohol for at least 1-2 days prior to your treatment. Among obvious reasons, it can leave you dehydrated and may also interfere with the medicine your recovery results. If you are investing time and money into getting great results, it's good to be realistic about goals, as this should be a consideration when considering your diet and lifestyle.
Please email or text us with questions - Thank you
1100 Round Rock Ave,
Round Rock, TX 78681
Monday - Friday 9:30 - 6:00
Saturday 10:00 - 5:00