Micro-needling creates channels within the skin to induce cellular collagen regeneration helping tighten skin, while creating necrosis around skin problems such as scars, lines, skin tone and texture.
'Micro-Needling isn't a sprint, its a marathon'
For people considering a micro-needling beauty regimen one should not see it as a short-term sprint but a long-term marathon. Quick fixes often are misleading and disappointing to both the practicioner and patient. We are interested in investing into the lifetime value and long-term success of our clients beauty journey. Your skin in one of largest organs of the body and probably one of your most important physical assests; rushing into using new technologies and procedures should only be accompanied by working with qualified, professionals who have your best interest at heart.
- Avoidance of Accutane for the past 6 months
- Avoid retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to procedure
- Recommended skin care system for preconditioning for 4-6 weeks for optimal results
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for the past 7 days prior
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior to the peel.
- If use of a peel was recommended in conjunction with the micro-needling, No topical agents that may increase skin sensitivity, reaction to the peel, or dryness 3-4 days prior to the peel (topical retinoid or hydroquinone products). No acids or defoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products). If no peel, 24 hours without irritating products.
- No shaving the day of the procedure
- No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakdown of skin or excess dryness or sunburn
- Skin is clean without lotion, oil, makeup, deodorant, powder, perfume or sunscreen
- Antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of cold sores
- Patient confirms that today NO: active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the peel application area. Reports no allergies to salicylates.
Post- Treatment Instructions
Immediately after your Medical Micro-Needling procedure, your health care provider may apply moisturizer and sunscreen topically. Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation. Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. When exposed to sun, always use sunscreen SPF30 or above. You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed but it is preferred to leave alone until the next day.
· Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days)
· Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness
· Peeling may start 3-5 days after peel.
· Do not pick or scratch at treated skin but instead keep moisturized
· Eat fresh pineapple to optimize healing
· Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores
· Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment, only if necessary.
· Do NOT use natural loofas as bacteria thrives in the natural fibers.
· May use cool compresses after if excessive discomfort, redness, or swelling
· Follow post peel instruction sheet if indicated
· Avoid sun exposure for 3 days and if possible 10 days.
· Apply a minimum of SPF 30 every 2 hours
· May use mineral makeup after 24 hours
· Restart regular skin care regimen in 48 hours and Retin A in 72 hours
· Recommend follow up and repeat treatments in 4 weeks and for best results a series of 3 – 5 treatments
Post- Treatment Instructions
Day 1: On the next day, you may clean your face as usual and apply makeup, lotions and other topical products as usual. Stay away from exfoliants or glycolic acids that are present is cleaners as these can make your skin very dry after the procedure. Be sure to use an approved SPF30 or greater sunscreen!
Days 2-7: Within two (2) days following your Medical Micro-Needling procedure, you will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. During this period, you may apply your regular skin moisturizer. Follow the instructions given to you by your medical professional. If your medical professional used the roller around the eyes, you may have a little micro bruising that may exist for three or four days. This can easily be covered with makeup. Days later, your skin will start shedding. These are skin layers that would regularly shed a week later, but the Micro-Needling brings this skin to the surface sooner. During this temporary process, your skin will shed and be dry. You may use your regular skin care products once your skin is not irritated.
Days 7+: A week after the Medical Micro-Needling procedure, most patients notice that their skin is smoother and more radiant. Continue with sun protection every day and reapply every 2 hours if outdoors.
1100 Round Rock Ave,
Round Rock, TX 78681
Monday - Friday 9:30 - 6:00
Saturday 10:00 - 5:00