RF/Micro-needling creates channels within the skin to induce cellular collagen regeneration helping tighten skin, while creating necrosis around skin problems such as scars, lines, skin tone and texture. th e production of capillaries, elastin, and collagen. It’s also called skin needling or collagen induction therapy.
What is radiofrequency microneedling?
RF/Microneedling uses multiple, hairthin needles to create microwounds or channels in the skin. This triggers the production of capillaries, elastin, and collagen, called induction therapy.
The skin can grow back more subtle, thicker and smoother.
This can target:
wrinkles and fine lines
stretch marks and cellulite
reduce the appearance of large pores
loose, sagging skin
Alternatively, you should avoid the treatment if you:
currently or recently used Accutane
have an active cold sore breakout
have a skin infection
have a moderate to severe skin disease (like psoriasis)
are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
are taking anticoagulants
have a history of keloids, hypertrophic scarring, or poor wound healing
A time tested way to boost collagen and tighten your skin on your face, neck and chest with a series of three (3) RF Microneedling treatments. With this series pricing, you’ll save $550 on a Face series or save $850 on a Face, Neck & Chest series.
Radio Frequency / micro-needling (RFM) uses specially insulated ultra thin needles that targeted high-intensity radio frequency energy into the tissue once the needles have penetrated through the skin. This creates an effect that penetrates deep into the tissue, helping stimulate new elastin fibers and collagen to grow, delivering significant improvement to skin’s look, quality and texture.
How to Prepare
It is best to avoid drinking alcohol or taking any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication prior to treatment 24 hours before and after, as both may contribute to bruising following the procedure. Stop using products that contain salicylic acid (often found in facial cleansers) before the procedure, and avoid taking retin-A, retinol and even fish oils that decrease inflammation.
Please let us know if you are currently taking or have taken any blood-thinning medication as it may increase bleeding or bruising during and following the procedure.
What to Expect
Following your consultation, the procedure is performed under topical numbing application of 55 lidocaine, and takes approximately one hour. Typically, 1-3 treatments are recommended for optimal results over the span of approximately 6 months.
Side effects following RF microneedling are mild, resulting in minimal downtime after treatment. For some patients, there may be mild pinpoint bleeding and slight bruising. More typically, the skin is mildly red for approximately 24 hours. Most patients can resume their normal routine within a day while observing to stay out of the sun and heat.
Optimal results typically are seen after three to six months from the first treatment, and the skin continues to improve as the new collagen is produced. Based on your consultation, ywe will recommend a treatment routine, most receive two to three treatments every 2-3 months.
The Three Phases To The Wound Repair Process:
Phase I: Controlled Inflammation. Penetrating the skin to trigger a healing response and trigger the defense of your immune system that increases blood flow and begins to create collagen and more new tissue.
Phase II: Reproduction. Healing re-builds with new healthy cells, as well as a type III collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, an increase flow of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling. The dermis has been stimulated and new tissue and blood vessels increase. Type III collagen in the area is replaced with younger type I collagen and stronger elastin fibers, tightening and smoothing the skin.
- Avoidance of Accutane for the past 6 months
- Avoid retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to procedure
- Recommended skin care system for preconditioning for 4-6 weeks for optimal results
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for the past 7 days prior
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior to the peel.
- If use of a peel was recommended in conjunction with the micro-needling, No topical agents that may increase skin sensitivity, reaction to the peel, or dryness 3-4 days prior to the peel (topical retinoid or hydroquinone products). No acids or defoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products). If no peel, 24 hours without irritating products.
- No shaving the day of the procedure
- No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakdown of skin or excess dryness or sunburn
- Skin is clean without lotion, oil, makeup, deodorant, powder, perfume or sunscreen
- Antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of cold sores
- Patient confirms that today NO: active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the peel application area. Reports no allergies to salicylates.
Post- Treatment Instructions
Immediately after your Medical Micro-Needling procedure, your health care provider may apply moisturizer and sunscreen topically. Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation. Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. When exposed to sun, always use sunscreen SPF30 or above. You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed but it is preferred to leave alone until the next day.
· Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days)
· Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness
· Peeling may start 3-5 days after peel.
· Do not pick or scratch at treated skin but instead keep moisturized
· Eat fresh pineapple to optimize healing
· Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores
· Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water,
using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment, only if necessary.
· Do NOT use natural loofas as bacteria thrives in the natural fibers.
· May use cool compresses after if excessive discomfort, redness, or swelling
· Follow post peel instruction sheet if indicated
· Avoid sun exposure for 3 days and if possible 10 days.
· Apply a minimum of SPF 30 every 2 hours
· May use mineral makeup after 24 hours
· Restart regular skin care regimen in 48 hours and Retin A in 72 hours
· Recommend follow up and repeat treatments in 4 weeks and for best results a series of 3 – 5 treatments
Post- Treatment Instructions
Day 1: On the next day, you may clean your face as usual and apply makeup, lotions and other topical products as usual. Stay away from exfoliants or glycolic acids that are present is cleaners as these can make your skin very dry after the procedure. Be sure to use an approved SPF30 or greater sunscreen!
Days 2-7: Within two (2) days following your Medical Micro-Needling procedure, you will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. During this period, you may apply your regular skin moisturizer. Follow the instructions given to you by your medical professional. If your medical professional used the roller around the eyes, you may have a little micro bruising that may exist for three or four days. This can easily be covered with makeup. Days later, your skin will start shedding. These are skin layers that would regularly shed a week later, but the Micro-Needling brings this skin to the surface sooner. During this temporary process, your skin will shed and be dry. You may use your regular skin care products once your skin is not irritated.
Days 7+: A week after the Medical Micro-Needling procedure, most patients notice that their skin is smoother and more radiant. Continue with sun protection every day and reapply every 2 hours if outdoors.